A Strong History
Little Possums Early Years has had a strong history in the Mundaring community for more than 40 years. It was previously run under another not for profit organisation and in 2019, the parents, staff and community felt it would be best served to be run by an independent association whose sole focus was happy and supported children.
This is achieved by full reinvestment back into the centre for new education materials and programs as well as empowering staff to initiate developmental programs to make Little Possums Early Years even more highly regarded within the Perth Hills community for daycare and the 3 year old pre-kindy programme.
We welcome our members to attend our meetings to get involved and stay up to date with what is happening with our centre and your children.
- Our AGM is held between August -November each year.
Little Possums Daycare Inc (LPDI)
Our daycare is run by the not for profit organisation Little Possums Daycare Inc which was incorporated on 22nd November 2018.
Our volunteer committee is made up of passionate parents, members of the community and staff to ensure the success of Little Possums Early Years.
This dedicated bunch of people are committed to providing the very best environment for your children.
We welcome parents & community input via association membership and opportunities to join our committee to make a real impact.
Our Objectives & Aims
Our Association Aims:
- To provide quality childcare and early childhood education services within the local community.
- To provide good governance in the administration of the childcare services;
- to support the staff in the delivery of childcare services;
- to engage with families attending the childcare services;
- to foster the well-being and development of children, and respect their individual needs;
- to ensure the provision of high quality childcare and education, in line with best practise and the National Quality Framework, and adhering to all relevant legislation and legal requirements.
As a not for profit organisation, we rely on community support for the successful running of our quality daycare which services the Perth Hills & Mundaring community.
This support comes in many forms from volunteers for fundraising, donations from local business, community grants and event opportunities where we can showcase our centre.
We would like to thank the following organisations for their support:
Special Acknowledgements for their personal contributions
- Kelly Oliver (founding member and ex Treasurer)
- Renee Kingman (founding member and ex Chairperson)
- Jess Amos (ex Secretary)
- Chloe Hampton (ex Secretary)
- Lauren Merrit (Fundraising Committee)
- Danielle Linthorne (Fundraising Committee and ex committee member)
- Claire Hurst (Fundraising Committee and ex committee member)
- Bronwyn Weir (founding Secretary and ex Chairperson)
- Dean Fairclough (founding Ordinary Member and ex Treasurer)
- Adrian Woodley (founding Chairperson)
- Wendy Watson (founding Treasurer)
- All of the incredible parents and community who supported our efforts in 2018/2019 by bringing awareness to Little Possums
- Kirrin Wade – Chairperson
- Mike Laloli – Treasurer
- Kerrie Hill – Secretary
- Helen Faulkner – Director of Centre
- Lindsey Horkan – Assistant Director of Centre
- Pippa Gibbins – Ordinary Member
- – Ordinary Member
- – Ordinary Member
- All committee enquiries to: email@example.com
Want to get involved in LPDI?
Families who use our centre are given automatic associate membership and are able to become a full member with voting rights by completing a membership form, we encourage you to be involved in shaping our centre. Membership for the wider community is also available for an annual fee of $30. Opportunities to join our committee are open to members at our Annual General Meeting.